Description & Technology
BME, the leader and innovator in shape memory technologies, introduces the patent-pending BME HammerLock 2, a new class of intramedullary Nitinol fixation designed for ultimate simplification of hammertoe arthrodeses. With its advanced design, the HammerLock 2 provides interfragmentary compression, active fixation, and better fit into proximal canals WITHOUT the need to freeze prior to usage.
- Unique shape memory hammertoe implant with conforming and compressive fixation.
- Does NOT require freezing prior to use.
- Does NOT require manual compression for two minutes after implantation.
- Spear-like proximal segment with multi-axial conforming arms provides secure fixation and will fit in smaller canals.
- High performance vs leading Nitinol competitor (data on file).
- Patent-pending tabbed insertion system ensures precise proximal positioning, keeps the distal arms together for easy reduction of the middle phalanx and prevents proximal migration during reduction.
- The HammerLock 2 comes pre-loaded on a patent-pending insertion tool. No forceps required.
- Fully disposable instrumentation with included Sizing Guide simplifies logistics and potentially reduces O.R. costs.
- Designed for easy removal.
- Available in 3 anatomic sizes in straight and 10-degree angled versions.